Friday, June 1, 2012

New Projects in the works..

I have noticed that a few of my garden plants like my tomatoes, after growing very well initially, have been a little stagnant in their growth  and production. After looking more at them I have determined that their roots have out grown some of their buckets and need to be transferred to larger containers. I recently purchased a few larger  containers that a after a few modifications may suit them well. hopefully for good but, we'll see.

    I just got a couple black (solar heat for the roots) "Rope Tubs" from Walmart that have a 21.5" diameter and a 16.5" depth/height for about $12 each. I looked at a couple of their larger pots for plants but they were smaller in diameter for $28,.. over twice as much for what seemed to be a smaller pot. The ones I have are a larger diameter and my plants are like kids in the fact that they are small, but like to spread their roots over a large area including migrating towards the surface of the dirt. When I plant these they will have a bigger area to expand out, and up. I'm going to plant them deeper with less dirt in the pot.  As the roots want to grow up I will have room to add dirt as needed. As usual I will take video of the process and as soon as I find the memory card to our camera, I will get pictures as well.

We are getting a little much needed rain today so I took a short video of the rain and a couple temporary things I have to catch it. They are basic and simple until I have a better system put together..
Here

Keep checking in as I will post as soon as I get it all done and ready for you to see.

Until next time,
  Be Safe and Happy Prepping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous, and respectful. I have readers from all over the world, and of all ages. :)