Thursday, November 8, 2012

The vintage RV I am rebuilding and will be featuring here!

My little travel trailer is of unknown year/make and model but I have figured out it is from the mid to late 60's, as I have originally found that I had to rebuild it due to water leakage and wood rot because of its age and lack of care in the years before it was in my possession. I have in the process discovered many small hidden cubby holes of unused extra space that I can integrate and convert into hidden storage compartments, I will also add some of my own . Some of which I will share with my viewers and some that only I will know about for future security. I will show you how to build a type of discreet "combination lock" out of typical assembly hardware that will appear to the unknowing eyes to be nothing more than assembly hardware! I will also setup and fabricate ways to provide it's  power, clean water, and all that I need to be completely independent of "the grid" so I can park it in an area far from any provided resources and be self-sustaining. a usable feature to save money, and in case of economic collapse it will also be able to provide what is needed when none is available anywhere else.  I have tons of pictures that may take several posts to include, the before, during and after process of the build. This is a time in which any and all income from this blog will make this build possible as it will allow me to buy components for the build and some of the secret and added goodies that will benefit all of my readers at home. I wil show you step by step my attempts failures and successes so you can reap the rewards of my successes and learn from my mistakes so you you have to bear the financial burden of an "OOPS!" at home on your own attempts!

Now on to some starter pictures!



Small and light enough to be pulled by a mid size car!



Factory storage trunk


Dining table seats with built in storage to be converted to a 12 VDC battery bank!

 Homemade 2-battery rack for tongue

Fully functional vintage Coleman propane lantern







Trav'ler Duette 3 in 1 propane heater, stove, and oven!




     

1 comment:

  1. Hi
    I'm restoring an old motorhome and it has the same stove/heater/oven combo. What do you know of this model?
    I have the stove n oven working now. But not the heater. Thinking I need 12v working for fan?

    ReplyDelete

Please be courteous, and respectful. I have readers from all over the world, and of all ages. :)