Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Cleaning plastic containers for food and water..

Have you ever drank water from a bottle and the water tastes more like the bottle, or whatever was stored in the bottle last? Nothing is more irritating to me than being thirsty and running to the fridge to my reused 1 gal sports drink container of tea, to take a sip and find out I have grape drink flavored tea! I like to re-use a lot of things, and really hate the idea of throwing out something I know I can use again for something else. After some enraged searching on that funny tasting jug, I found out how to get the grape drink flavor out and it works on the plastic taste too! Nothing but a little  Baking Soda and water mix soaking for a few hours works better! You can take about 20-45% Baking soda  and mix it with just water, fill up the container and let it soak for about a day, empty, rinse, and viola! Water tastes like water, and Tea tastes like Tea! Whatever your container tastes like, the Baking Soda will actually pull it out of the plastic for good! It is a good thought for food storage containers as well. Use this for new food buckets, pre-water storage plastic containers and more. There are a million uses for it, which is why it's one of many things that are good thing to store for emergencies.

I'm still trying to put together a few things for my readers, so I will end this entry short today.

Be safe, and Happy Prepping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous, and respectful. I have readers from all over the world, and of all ages. :)