Friday, May 4, 2012

Provide your own power!

Good Morning all!,

 I am going to start today off by mentioning that I am still learning how to operate this blog and this morning I mistakenly deleted a couple of comments by my viewers and as much as I looked, I didn't see an "undo" option. I really love the feedback that I get, and love to read your input and corrections on my posts I want to give the most accurate info possible and did not intend or want to delete the comments I did and apologize for it.

 On to today's segment.. I hope you are getting info from this blog that is beneficial to you and want to keep you interested and gaining more thoughts and ideas. I want to provide for you something you need and can use. Don't forget to tell your friends about this blog and help me get more viewers of like mind and hopefully add  more experienced advice to this site. You may have noticed the new ads (sponsors) on here by now, and I hope they will provide you with new links and places to look for stuff you may need So feel free to check them out, shop around for deals and maybe you will find something you are looking for. I am still in the works with a few companies to provide you with things that might be beneficial to you. When starting this blog I never realized the time and effort it takes to make something like this run, but I still love it!


I would love to hear what you have gained from this site, and maybe some things you would like me to look in to, and cover here.
I know.. "get to the point" right? .. For the past couple of days I have mentioned gaining your night vision, developing your hearing, moving as quietly as possible and even down to silent breathing. You must always pay attention and know your surroundings at all times to protect yourself, and your loved ones. Remember nature always provides what you need, you just have to look for it. Run through what you have accomplished by now, what have you done? Is it enough? What do you have now that you can't go without? If it wasn't there how would you survive without it? Would you need to provide it if you didn't have it? We have covered providing some of the things we take for granted. Now it comes down to providing power. Go through what you have, and what you need.  how many things that rely on power that you really have to have to survive? A generator is not always the answer, just like a light in the dark, it can be a beacon for unwanted visitors. A generator is easy to provide power yes but, after a month in a disaster situation could you find fuel, and oil? How long could you run it? We need to focus on a constantly renewable energy source I have been looking into Solar.. It's constant and free fuel you can over come the fact that it's limited to a few hours a day by building a battery bank. A battery bank is several car batteries linked together that receive a constant charge from the sun in the day, and provide constant power day or night. All you need to build a reliable power constant source are car batteries (Deep cycle are best for this), a couple solar panels, a solar regulator and and a Power Inverter. You can build a full system to provide power for your necessities i.e.. refrigerator, small TV,  emergency radio for status info, and more. Don't be left without knowing what's going on. Setting up a power system is pretty basic..

The more batteries you have, the more charge you can store, you can link them all up in a 12v system for an inverter like this..


 "How can I use multiple batteries to
increase the Amp Hour rating while
keeping a 12v setup?"




Once you have a good place to store the power from charging, you can hook up a solar panel and power inverter, the power output depends on your needs and demands. Your setup should look something like this




Now you have a renewable energy and constant power source from a small initial investment!

Diagrams Courtesy The Inverter Shop


Now you are a step closer to independence from common sources and failures! When your surroundings have no power, you will have it, and you can run this setup in your home, car or even your RV!


The best things about solar is that it is silent, portable, and the sun is free!



Until next time, Be Safe, and Happy Prepping!













No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous, and respectful. I have readers from all over the world, and of all ages. :)